Famous Memorial Day Quotes | Beautiful Memorial Day Quotes That Honor Our Veterans: Quotes have a class of its own. When it comes to quotes, people feel energized to read them. A morning quote can really make a person feel at ease. Memorial Day Quotes is very essential for this particular day. This day is signified as an event that is celebrated to honor the martyr soldiers who have devoted their life for the welfare of the country. The event is also known to people as Decoration Day. The event can be further glorified by honoring the deceased soldiers. The original celebration of Memorial Day was first celebrated in the year 1868.
Famous Memorial Day Quotes | Beautiful Memorial Day Quotes That Honor Our Veterans
The occasion signifies the right time when the martyrs are honored for their selfless actions that bring for the development of the country. Memorial Day Quotes makes you feel the essence of the celebration. It’s not the time to mourn the death of the soldiers but to think about their selfless devotions. For them, the country was their mother and for its welfare, they have not restricted the limits. Freedom was everything for them and their main aim was to make all the.
here are best memorable quotes from some of the most inspirational minds in American history
Famous Memorial Day Quotes
Quotes are not only meant for making people aware of the celebration but also make them inspired about the sacrifice. Memorial Day Quotes brings a faith in the heart of the reader and make them gain strength. You can easily go for sharing a popular quote. You can even make one such quote with some of your own views to make it get widely spread within your relatives. You can recreate the quotes and make them more interesting but add up some of the experiences of your own. The quotes can be even filled up with some of the personal stories that worth’s to be portrayed to people.
These below listed Happy Memorial Day Quotes.
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
- “On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!” – Thomas William Parsons
- “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton
- “Decoration Day is the most beautiful of our national holidays … The grim cannon have turned into palm branches, and the shell and shrapnel into peach blossoms.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- “I don’t have to tell you how fragile this precious gift of freedom is. Every time we hear, watch, or read the news, we are reminded that liberty is a rare commodity in this world.” – President Ronald Reagan
- “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” – President Thomas Jefferson
- “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.” – President Bill Clinton
- “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” – General Norman Schwarzkopf Jr.
- “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.” – President Barack Obama
- “A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.” – President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” – Mark Twain
Beautiful Memorial Day Quotes
Quotes are a combination of some bigger and deep feeling for a particular thing which said in fewer words. Memorial Day Quotes or Memorial Day Sayings are to inspire people. The Congress passed a federal law regarding this day named “UNIFORM MONDAY HOLIDAY ACT” on 28 June 1968. It’s just not a common celebration but a very heartwarming occasion for every American. Because on the same day in history, soldiers paid their lives for the USA.
These below listed best Happy Memorial Day Quotes For Facebook friends are easy to share.
- “They hover as a cloud of witnesses above this Nation.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave.” – Joseph Rodman Drake
- “Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.” – Daniel Webster
- “For love of country, they accepted death.” – President James A. Garfield
- “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” – President John F. Kennedy
- “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.” – Minot J. Savage
- “Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion.” – President Calvin Coolidge
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.” – President Harry S. Truman
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them.” – Francis A. Walker
- “Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” – President George Washington
Sharing Happy Memorial Day Quotes with your best friends, kids and veterans can make the best impact and inspire them. So, this time don’t miss this opportunity to spread the nationality moment all around the youth on this Happy Memorial Day 2018.